St. Bonaventure’s College is celebrating its 160th anniversary today – it was officially founded and formally opened by Bishop Mullock on December 1st, 1856. We have so much material here in the Centre for Newfoundland Studies on the College but perhaps the most valuable resource would be our holdings of The Adelphian which was the school magazine of St. Bonaventure’s College published from 1904 to 1982. This magazine is available through the Digital Archives Initiative. The photo below was taken from the first issue of The Adelphian in 1904. The 1982 issue celebrated the 125th anniversary and includes several articles giving a comprehensive history of the school. Happy Anniversary!